In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(reservation)reserva femeninoreservación femenino América Latinabookings are now being taken — se aceptan reservas
- to make/cancel a booking — hacer/cancelar una reserva
- postal/telephone booking — reservación por correo/teléfono
- That can include arranging taxis, arranging hotel accommodation, changing ferry bookings, arranging alternative flights where necessary.
- Advance booking is vital for this stimulating, enjoyable and experimental approach to life-drawing.
- Early booking is essential, so please ring as soon as possible.
- The booking of train tickets at Hyderabad station was smooth and efficient and the staff at the specially built Reservation Complex were extremely helpful.
- As tickets are limited early booking is essential to avoid disappointment.
- Advance booking is always advisable but you can of course always take a chance on the day itself.
- Advance booking is essential as places are limited and bookings will only be taken from Tuesday November 11.
- Seats with extra leg room are essential, and can be reserved with your booking.
- Advance booking at the theatre box office is recommended.
- Early booking of tickets is advisable as the event always proves to be highly enjoyable and well attended.
- Advance booking for dinner is strongly recommended.
- Potential visitors would be able to log on, click through details of all the hotels and packages available, then make direct bookings for transport and accommodation.
- But he had already had his passport lifted and his concert bookings canceled.
- In the rough-and-tumble world of concert booking and promotion, no good deed goes unpunished.
- The information centre can be used to make accommodation bookings, find out what is on in York, book days out, tours and coach holidays to destinations in the UK and Europe.
- Advance booking is not necessary and, with a bit of notice, it is possible to include a screening of any school curriculum films or films of local interest.
- Advance ticket bookings are up 70% in part because of frustrated demand.
- Early booking is advisable but tickets should be available on the night.
- Although the centre only really deals with last minute accommodation bookings, they were up by 85 per cent from 16 last year to 31.
- He is liaising closely with experts from Ascot and York police, and hopes to glean the travel plans from those booking tickets well in advance.
- Extra staff will be on hand at stations and for telesales during the first few days of the promotion when bookings for advance purchase tickets are expected to be particularly high.
- A booking fee of 50p per transaction applies to all advance ticket bookings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.