In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Televisión Telecomunicaciones Radiorepetidor masculino
- Antenna boosters help to strengthen the signal between a cell tower and your phone.
- They have now agreed to pay for a TV-signal booster to improve reception.
- The 43-year-old civil servant has lost alarm clocks, television boosters, a microwave and a stereo.
- It can be easily increased with a long antenna and a booster or car unit (for additional dollars).
- Even if gaming boosters are still ahead of the curve in the United States, interactive gaming on television is already a huge success - in Europe.
- We'll be looking at repeaters and signal boosters as ways to keep signal strength high and excessive protocol chatter low.
- They both protrude about the same distance from the side of your notebook, but at first I thought that the phone card didn't have a connector for a booster antenna.
- Antenna booster for areas with weak signals are another good choice.
- The crime he committed has nothing to do with having an antenna booster, but that doesn't stop the reporter from talking about WiFi networks.
- They are a signal booster that allows you to duplicate tapes with minimal loss of quality.
- A booster circuit uses a source voltage to generate a boosted voltage that is higher than the source voltage.
- Within each subsector, the capacity booster dynamically selects the best lobe to handle a call.
- They offer expensive hi-tech gadgets as free gifts in return for spending £20 or similar on a low-value product such as a mobile telephone signal booster.
- Among the items stolen was a green Ford Escort 1.8, a battery charger, a battery booster, a Toshiba laptop computer and two children's motorbikes.
- He is also calling for planning permission to be required for all but the tiniest signal boosters and public consultation be improved.
3also booster shotMedicinavacuna de refuerzo femeninorefuerzo masculinovacuna de recuerdo femenino España
- Delaying vaccination until 15 months of age or adding a booster vaccination might solve this problem.
- Young children who have not received all five doses of the vaccine may require a booster dose if exposed to an infected family member.
- I had a booster vaccination last year, needed every ten years.
- Dr. Robbins said that efforts to increase the efficacy of the vaccines will include studies on the effectiveness of a booster dose of the vaccine given one year later.
- Firstly, the patient should be asked whether they have received a full course of tetanus vaccine and when they last received a booster injection.
4also booster rocketIndustria aeroespacialcohete (propulsor) masculino
- The ground crews will also be monitoring the performance of the orbiter, solid rocket boosters and ground system while the tank is filled with the ultra-cold liquids.
- Rockets that use solid propellants, such as the space shuttle's solid rocket boosters, arrive with the propellant already stored inside them in a puttylike form.
- The launch was delayed again because of a booster rocket problem.
- The two booster rockets flanking the space shuttle's liquid-fuel engine run on solid propellant.
- The camera will be turned on fifteen minutes prior to launch and will show the orbiter and solid rocket boosters on the launch pad.
- The rockets are called the shuttle's solid rocket boosters because they contain solid, as opposed to liquid, propellant.
- ‘When the rocket boosters launch, you're in for the ride of your life,’ Walheim said.
- On the view screen the main booster separated from the rocket and the image began to fade.
- The air vehicle's engines are started and it is launched from the container by a booster rocket.
- The proposed system is supposed to intercept intercontinental ballistic missiles minutes after launch, while their rocket boosters are still burning.
- It was designed to be fired from a short mobile launcher by means of two solid-fueled rocket boosters.
- It should be capable of saving the passengers even if the booster rocket launching it fails.
- In the first scenario, personal spaceflight will use lower-cost versions of classic boosters and spacecraft.
- The two solid rocket boosters separate from the shuttle about two minutes after launch, after which the main engines take over completely.
- The long, relatively thin rockets flanking the Space Shuttle are solid rocket boosters.
- The most reliable rockets thus far designed have been the Apollo Saturn lunar boosters and the space shuttles.
- The inability of both companies to launch rocket boosters on time certainly does not bode well.
- The loss of another shuttle, Challenger, in 1986, along with another seven astronauts, was eventually officially attributed to a leaky booster rocket.
- The collective impact of such mythologies has been horrifying; the same booster that launched Sputnik is still the one most used.
- However, the booster rocket that launched it also reached orbit, and this was easily visible from the Earth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.