In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in New York, London)municipio masculinothe Five Boroughs — la ciudad de Nueva York
- Why are the central London boroughs at the top of the table for UK business enterprise?
- The course includes five boroughs in New York but doesn't go down to the district that has been devastated.
- Of course, Manhattan is only one of New York's five boroughs.
- The project covers 140 classrooms in 30 schools in the London borough.
- All 70 schools in the London borough are to be handed to the trust by next summer.
- Smoking is likely to be banned in pubs, clubs and restaurants across Merton after the council joined the 32 other London boroughs in supporting a blanket ban.
- People bring in arrowheads from New York's five boroughs, snake skins from Central Park.
- The Teens & Toddlers program operates in two Los Angeles schools and in several boroughs in London.
- His parent's were Swiss, and moved to set up a business in the eastern boroughs of London, where Ray was born (he still returns periodically to Switzerland to visit family).
- It is located in the southeastern corner of the borough of Queens, one of the five boroughs of New York City.
- He said: ‘I was a councillor in a London borough and I did not feel the griping frustration then.’
- The five boroughs that make up New York City account for more than 6% of US GDP.
- Manhattan, where Central Park is located, is one of the five boroughs of New York—it consists of the financial district and famous stores such as Macy's and Saks of Fifth Avenue.
- Currently operating in a number of London boroughs, the business offers various care packages ranging from a half-hour domestic call to 24-hour personal care plans.
- The action will mainly involve support staff in schools in around 13 of the 32 London boroughs.
- Two local schools—empty of students for the holiday—were turned into emergency centres to prepare for the injured, as firefighters raced from all over New York's five boroughs to help.
- And we're in the process of expanding that right now by putting in an interop system that expands from Suffolk County into the five boroughs of New York City.
- Of New York City's five boroughs, only the Bronx rests on the continent.
- A qualified science teacher with two years experience, Alex Dolan, also filmed at secondary schools in the London borough of Islington.
- Tomorrow is the last chance to register for the elections on May 2, when 174 English councils go to the polls, including all the London boroughs.
- Loan default collections for borrowers in the five boroughs of New York City also will be put on hold automatically until January, Paige said.
- Its energy, and sometimes its direct support, spread into New York's five boroughs.
- However, it is true that certain spaces, like the five boroughs of New York or London, England, are more multicultural than others.
- The NYPD patrols the five boroughs of New York City.
- The reception provided an opportunity for BME Councillors across the London boroughs to establish a network of support aimed at addressing the following key issues.
- On a basic level, we pay the highest council tax of all the boroughs of London and this is set to rise significantly yet our wishes are continually ignored.
- From statistics provided by Zusman, there are about 750 community gardens in about five boroughs of the City.
- The research team worked with twelve adolescents from the five boroughs of New York City.
- It easily outsells them in four of New York's five boroughs—Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island.
- The Moveable Museum now travels to schools, community centers, parks, street fairs and other neighborhood organizations throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
- Brooklyn, the home of 2.4 million citizens, is one of the largest of the five boroughs of the city of New York.
- He returned to the USA in 1975 and in the same year he created a series of outdoor, environmental sculptures for five New York boroughs.
- The strength of public feeling has led several residents to label it one of the dirtiest boroughs in London, putting the blame firmly at the council's door.
- While ISRM's guidelines, which were updated last year, are not law, Croydon Council is one of 12 London boroughs to have adopted them.
- Avonmore primary, a state school in the London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, came 19th, with an aggregate score of 266.
- The entire community rallied around the Polka when the ALG, which pools funding from the 33 London boroughs, announced its decision to discontinue funding the theatre in January.
- Her methods were honed teaching in a string of primary schools in relatively disadvantaged London boroughs.
- So far he's been lucky to get away with it or else the council in the London borough where he lives has been particularly lax in chasing him up.
- What brought these thousands of men, women and children from all five boroughs of New York, and from neighboring New Jersey as well?
- Impoverished boroughs of London fail to succeed in providing school facilities for their children.
- Stretching from the tip of the Alaska Peninsula to the easternmost Aleutian Islands, the Aleutians East Borough is like no other place on earth.
- The Borough represents the best of Alaska: over 12,000 square miles (8.2 million acres) of extraordinary scenic and wild country, the highest mountain on the continent (Mt. McKinley, 20,320 feet), extensive and productive natural resources, a diverse economy and approximately 1,893 residents.
- The City Clerk's Office has the official version of the Denali Borough Code.
- Welcome to the City and Borough of Sitka, Alaska.
- The Kodiak Island Borough welcomes you to Alaskas beautiful Emerald Isle, its government and services.
2(in US)distrito municipal masculino
3(in UK)municipio masculino
4(in Alaska)condado masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.