In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ahuecadocardado Españabatido Río de la Plata Perúescarmenado Chile
- One small detail would be that Sean Penn's character is made up to look a bit TOO sadistic, with his bouffant hair style and coiled facial hair coming off as a bit too mean.
- The breathtakingly beautiful Carmen did a turn at the premiere on February 26th with a short sassy bouffant style with attitude to match.
- Roof off is of course mandatory in a car like this unless the heavens have opened, but don't expect bouffant hair to stay intact.
- Pictured on the album cover in a memorable pose, the Gibb brothers were all wide smiles, bouffant hair and tight white outfits, but the music marked the pinnacle of their career and propelled the Bee Gees to superstardom.
- With these styles becoming popular hats were going out of fashion as they could not sit on the bouffant styles, and did not suit the gamine image.
- Her hair is in that bouffant hairstyle, and she's wearing high heels.
- Fashion's current obsession with all things 1960s makes bouffant hair a big trend.
- The 80s has always been regarded as the decade that style forgot and amongst all the bouffant hair, shoulder pads, lycra and make-up (for the guys) its easy to see why.
- She was sitting there, her hair in perfect bouffant fashion, manicured fingers tapping a staccato beat.
- Next, pull the hair back into a loose, high ponytail (making sure it isn't too tight - the hair should be in a bouffant shape around the face) and coil into a bun.
- She retreats behind a dressing screen, changing into a more chic, black dress and ripping the blonde, bouffant wig off her head.
- The town hairdresser, who lived above her salon in the main street, had blonde hair set in a bouffant style that looked like a fluffy yellow showercap.
- Her short blonde hair was teased into a bouffant style, but her eyes were hidden by an elegant scarlet mask.
- Finally, she pinned it into a high, bouffant ponytail.
- With her sparkling frocks and big, bouffant hair, she was always popping up on Top of the Pops, belting out hits like My Simple Heart and When Will I See You Again?
- The costumes and makeup (copious black eyeliner, bouffant hairdos) reflect the fashions of the 1960s rather than the novel's Regency setting.
- As for the women, they all had hair piled high on their head like a bouffant crown or frame and bodies bound under fishnet unitards and undersized brassieres.
- They had little short skirts, high heels, big bouffant hair and they smelled great.
- The predominance of bouffant silver hair and whiskers was most impressive.
- On her first major public engagement in Ireland, she chose to wear a bouffant hair style, short Sixties-style tweed suit and black patent sling backs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.