In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The British, Irish and American bourgeoisies framed the Agreement in order to meet the demands of global finance capital.
- The creation of these states with their rival bourgeoisies only served to divide the powerful working class of the sub-continent and subjugate them to the dictates of finance capital.
- They did this by campaigning for Popular Alliances and Popular Fronts with the native bourgeoisies.
- Scum they are, the hate-filled bourgeoisie of Middle-England.
- But it is not so clear that this weakening of states increases the possibility of the political independence or autonomy of oppressed nations within them, because the bourgeoisies of the weakened nation-states in question fight back.
- When the age of catacombs arrives, the word is not highly valued for the intellectual bourgeoisie.
- Whilst the bourgeoisies of Europe are seeking to make the European Union a basis for resisting US power, geography and economics leave Canada's rulers with no alternative but to accommodate themselves to the demands of US imperialism.
- Faced with the undermining of national power, the regional bourgeoisies seek their own deals with international corporations and financial bodies.
- This same fear has shaped the British bourgeoisie's attitude to the EU project.
- To offset these dangers, the UN brought together three basic forces - the imperialist powers, led by the US; the Stalinist bureaucracy in the USSR; and the national bourgeoisies in the colonial and economically backward countries.
- In short, he shared the attitude of a large section of the German bourgeoisie.
- The rise of the bourgeoisie at the end of the eighteenth century created a demand for more pictures.
- The decline of bourgeois representation reflects international trends that have seen the disappearance of distinctive national and regional bourgeoisies.
- The major European bourgeoisies had become imperial powers, brutally exploiting their colonial possessions and often suppressing basic democratic rights at home.
- Brazil's efforts are undermined by the extreme weakness of the other Latin American bourgeoisies.
- In fact, the remaking of the bourgeoisie was much more limited than the remaking of bourgeois values.
- But in doing so, he preserved the material power of the bourgeoisie, thus regenerating their political power.
- The legacy of Stalinism has been to create massive confusion in the former-Soviet working class, which has enabled the national bourgeoisies to re-establish themselves on the same lines as in 1920.
- This does not mean, however, that the jockeying for advantage between these two bourgeoisies has ended, nor that the threat that their rivalry could spin out of control and into a conflagration has been lifted.
- Since the 1947 communal partition of the subcontinent, both of these bourgeoisies have made the conflict against the rival state central to their ruling ideologies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.