In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in cricket)lanzador masculinolanzadora femenino
- White has already tried five bowlers, and his side seems set for a lot more legwork tomorrow.
- ‘All I could do was play in the streets with my mates,’ said the bowler, batsman and wicketkeeper.
- He has the making of a perfect cricketer - solid batsman, outstanding fielder and a handy bowler.
- On the other side of it, what if an illegal-action bowler bowls a batsman out consistently?
- The bowlers and fielders were quick to remind the other batsmen of their incompetence to bat at this level.
- There are laws which prevent batsmen and bowlers from leaving the field and returning to bat or bowl as they please.
- If a world-class bowler gets on a wicket that suits his kind of bowling he will get wickets.
- He was an excellent fielder, particularly in the covers, and a decent bowler of leg breaks.
- Pollock added that he had no excuses for the loss, pointing out that it was extremely difficult to defend a total when the bowlers bowled both sides of the wicket.
- What is good for cricket is that great bowlers should be allowed to bowl to great batsmen.
2(in bowling, bowls)jugador masculinojugadora femenino
- She also helped recruit more good bowlers with whom she had bowled youth leagues.
- This pattern plays from outside, and the bowlers who do the best overall are the straight players.
- On old wood lanes, bowlers would have to loft the ball farther out on the lane to get the ball to delay its hook and have enough hitting power.
- He's in five bowling halls of fame as a bowler but is just as deserving as an instructor.
- He's such an effective player that bowlers rarely manage to find an edge.
- Most league bowlers will adjust to the lanes by moving their feet and keeping their target the same.
- Ajmal is an excellent player and an outstanding bowler.
- Some fans feel it is OK to heckle and tell pro bowlers what they should do on every roll.
- The bowlers, camogie players and footballers are also in the middle of a busy season so there's plenty going on in the community at the moment.
- Put up enough money and top bowlers will bowl with a wooden bowling ball in a parking lot.
- Bowling shirts are more popular than ever, for bowlers and non-bowlers alike.
- Steven, of Shipley, who has learning difficulties, is a tenpin bowler.
- Plus, league bowlers pattern their styles after their favorite player.
- However, many that are in bad condition pose difficult challenges, even for accomplished bowlers.
- More than 100 ten-pin bowlers from across the county were looking to strike gold when they came to Keighley.
- Today, you see beginning bowlers showing up on league night with six or eight balls.
- It replaces the baby powder bowlers once used for the same purposes.
- They were just recreational league bowlers, but I would go with them to their league.
- How many people can say they bowled with one of the greatest women bowlers ever - and won?
- Graeme, a ten-pin bowler from Haworth, picked up the silver medal in his final event.
also bowler hat
1bombín masculinosombrero de hongo masculinotongo masculino Andes
- People used to call him the man with the bowler hat, at remembrance services.
- He wore a bowler hat, white shirt, trousers and braces like the main character and would become aggressive and menacing when he played the film music.
- In addition there was a fellow in a brown bowler hat, another in a shapeless cloth cap with a peak, and both added their encouragements, turning to Waistcoat in a laconic collusion.
- Going to investigate, we're confronted with a man in a bowler hat and suit sitting at a keyboard looking rather like a waxwork.
- His trademark bowler hat and striped waistcoat have been part of his image for most of his enduring career.
- After all, one did not often see a man with such a damaged face traveling in elegance: a new bowler hat and tweed suit.
- Beyond a police car and a dark van, he stopped beside a man in a raincoat and a bowler hat.
- Those who share my nostalgia for hats might be interested to know that it will be 150 years tomorrow since John Bowler invented the bowler hat.
- It turns out that he's gone round the corner to a Victorian market, returning with a carrier bag containing a top hat, a bowler hat and a bright red feather boa.
- Today, for a book signing for his autobiography, he is in fairly typical garb of blue suit with a red pinstripe, pink and blue striped tie, a black bowler hat and a silver topped cane.
- A few hours later, a man cloaked in a dark brown trench coat and a brown bowler hat was brought to David's office.
- Robust farmer-types streamed past the cameras throughout the ‘Province’ sporting the usual bowler hat, sash and swords.
- The famous bowler hat and striped waistcoat are one of the jazz world's most famous trademarks.
- However hard you try to change impressions the immediate image is of a pinstripe, a bowler hat and exclusivity.
- Is it at this cost that one acquires civilization and the happiness to own a bowler hat rather than a burnous?
- On stage he would be dressed in evening wear, a bowler hat and a stainless steel waistcoat.
- For example, there is a bowler hat which is now as hard as stone.
- Its subject is no more than an elderly man in a bowler hat turning round in the street as if to see what is following him.
- I have just seen a chap dressed in a knee-length black overcoat and a black bowler hat, who was carrying a black briefcase, and a long black umbrella, as well as a copy of The Times.
- His father worked in the shipping industry, and was unconventional enough to wear a beret to work instead of the statutory bowler hat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.