In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tabla femeninotablón masculino
- The centre pleat on each side is a deep inverted box pleat which opens out when something largish is carried inside the bag.
- She had opted for a suit but decided against it and came to work semi-casual in a box pleat, knee length skirt, black singlet and ruby flats.
- This 75% polynosic / 25% polyester sanded check weave short sleeve shirt has a full button placket, shell buttons, pocket, side slits, and full back yoke with box pleat, locket loop, and button.
- You would try to iron your gym slip but the box pleats would be beyond you, so you'd iron it straight and it would hang off your shoulders like a navy balloon.
- Every outdoor person recognizes the special need for freedom of motion, so these shirts offer an expansion back with a box pleat that permits motion while the shirt remains tucked in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.