In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Options include radical prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy or brachytherapy, hormone treatment, and active monitoring.
- The preferred method of treatment has become radiation therapy, given as external-beam or brachytherapy.
- Regardless of the technique of choice, eg, photodynamic therapy, brachytherapy, Nd-YAG laser, or electrocautery, complete tumor eradication is the ultimate goal.
- And where we're starting to see this happen more in the clinic is for things like prostate brachytherapy.
- Cryotherapy for renal carcinoma and brachytherapy for prostate carcinoma will be discussed, as well as patient care, expected outcomes, and current research.
- For the intubated patient with large obstructing lesions, brachytherapy appears to be a less feasible option than PDT.
- Previous treatment options have included stents, laser treatment, cryotherapy, radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.
- The second method is brachytherapy, in which radiation treatment is given by placing radioactive materials directly on the tumour, inside the body.
- Intracoronary brachytherapy involves treating coronary stenoses with a radioactive source from within the artery lumen.
- Endobronchial brachytherapy has been successfully employed as an adjunct in managing recurrent episodes of stenosis due to hyperplastic granulation tissue.
- Interstitial radiation or brachytherapy involves the placement of radioactive pellets into the prostate gland.
- The radioactive sources used for brachytherapy come in the form of small seeds or wires.
- First, intraoperative brachytherapy using radioactive I - 125 pellets permanently implanted in the resection margins may be of benefit.
- LDR brachytherapy, therefore, requires hospitalization, and the typical treatment is one session.
- Tumors of the prostate are often confined to the prostate itself and brachytherapy techniques used for the placement of radioactive seed implants can be adapted for the placement of interstitial optical fibers.
- Vascular brachytherapy is now being used to inhibit the formation of scar tissue after a patient undergoes a balloon angioplasty of the heart for vascular stenosis.
- Since the late 1980s, doctors have been increasingly using internal radiation, also called radioactive seed implants or brachytherapy, to cure prostate cancer.
- It is also referred to as brachytherapy, implants or interstitial radiation.
- Most of these patients also had adjuvant therapy such as external beam radiation, brachytherapy, or chemotherapy.
- With the assistance of bronchoscopy, brachytherapy can be applied.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.