In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And once again, we had no toxicity from putting the virus into the brain cell.
- They speculate that a large brain cell reserve protects against Alzheimer's and that head circumference is one way to measure this reserve.
- Some day we could learn from the egg what factors are in the egg that would re-program the nucleus of a skin cell or a brain cell or an immune cell.
- With repetition, the electrical discharge spreads from brain cell to brain cell, eventually creating a kind of firestorm of neural activity that resembles what occurs in human epilepsy.
- Many people know that stem cells can grow into virtually any cell type found in the body, from a red blood cell to a muscle cell to a brain cell.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.