In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fruto del árbol del pan masculino
- People also enjoy salads and fruit desserts of mango, papaya, breadfruit, and pineapple.
- Finally, she says, it's exciting to have had first-hand experience with tropical agriculture by sampling breadfruit, taro, fresh coconut milk, and lychees just picked from a tree.
- Madi delved back into her bag and came up with three breadfruits.
- Among the island's abundant fruits are bananas, mangos, breadfruit, guavas, plumrose, coconuts, passion fruits, and pineapples.
- Pacific Islander cuisine includes numerous types of fish, fresh fruit like bananas and coconut, breadfruit, cassava (a starchy plant), and sweet potatoes.
- Since food knows no boundaries, here's to breadfruit and star fruit, polenta and perogies - it's all there to be discovered.
- I have been carrying some breadfruits for her in the last two weeks as she and her family love roast breadfruit as much as we do here at home.
- Resembling a small breadfruit, noni comes from a hardy tropical shrub that grows with weed-like abandon from Tonga to Thailand.
- Starches include various kinds of yams, dasheen, eddos, bananas and plantains, sweet potatoes, and breadfruit.
- We lunched at Black Point, on smoked herring, vegetables, breadfruit, and the most unforgettable coconut dumplings, all provided by our good Sailor.
- The nearby trees tower another 15 or 20 feet overhead, their breadfruits and coconuts dangling almost within reach.
- The agricultural sector is made up of cattle ranches and small farms producing coconuts, breadfruit, tomatoes, and melons.
- The starch component, which is referred to as ‘real food,’ is usually taro, yams, sweet potatoes, or manioc but may consist of tree crops such as breadfruit, bananas, and nuts.
- In Jamaica, where there's no Thai food available, she might use breadfruit or yams.
- There may not be many people of my age who are still around and remember the old days when a hops bread the size of a large breadfruit sold for one penny and two could be purchased for three cents, and it was even cheaper by the quart.
- Stories of Marco Polo and lasagna made with flour ground from breadfruit have found their way into the quest for lasagna's origin.
- These animals have fed only on the finest tropical fruits (mangoes and breadfruit are their favourites).
- Native-grown breadfruit, mango, soursop, pawpaw, and cashews are regarded by some locals as less desirable food.
- The locals there made wine from cashews, sugarcane, carrots, grapefruit, breadfruit, pineapple, and mangoes, to name only the ones I encountered.
- Farmers can harvest avocados, bananas, breadfruits, mangoes, and oranges, as well as medicinal plants, rubber, and timber.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.