In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1respiración femenino(exercises) respiratorio(equipment) de respiraciónheavy/regular breathing — respiración pesada/acompasada
- I put the phone down when I heard heavy breathing — colgué el teléfono cuando empecé a oír unos jadeos
- Over time, one can replace shallow breathing with deeper breathing without having to consciously focus on it.
- Normal breathing is a two-step process starting with contractions of the diaphragm creating a vacuum in the lungs.
- The trick to yoga breathing is to hold the breath for about five seconds after inhalation.
- This encourages the baby's lungs to develop and reduces the risk of breathing difficulties.
- That same year, I stopped breathing for about fifteen seconds because I had a nasty case of scarlet fever.
- Also, the heat was already affecting his mental processes and his breathing affected him physically.
- As I walked in he was in the process of checking her breathing, his face tight with concentration.
- This causes large bursts of breath followed by periods of shallow breathing or stopped breathing.
- While breathing is an automatic process, it can be improved through regular practice.
- My remaining lung has expanded and I have better breathing capacity than the average person.
- Thomas' breathing was shallow, and he could say no more than a few words without pause.
- Half of us shallow breathe instead of breathing from our diaphragm.
- It deals with the physiological process of breathing and with the management of energy in the body.
- Answers can be easily had through these breathing techniques.
- At an elevation above 9,500 feet, my breathing deepened and my lungs labored in the thin air.
- The team was joined by an anaesthetist who put a special tube into his lungs to improve his breathing.
- For a few seconds, all that could be heard-with strained ears-was a shallow, crackly breathing.
- The process requires both sufficient breathing and also adequate pumping by the heart.
- Even his lungs are protesting the action of mere breathing, and he groans a little with each ragged breath.
- This results in frequent episodes of shallow breathing or no air going into the lungs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.