In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pasadizo exterior techado masculino
- Development in rural areas means concrete houses built on pilings to allow a breezeway and carport underneath.
- Normally, there's little chance that you'll meet anyone in the breezeway, especially thirty minutes before class.
- I wailed and collapsed sobbing in the breezeway.
- We began to walk, side-by-side beneath the breezeways.
- And at one end of the family room is an outdoor shower stall set in a breezeway.
- A house on Puget Sound is two separate buildings with a connecting breezeway.
- To merge indoors and outdoors, use covered breezeways or shaded patios to link rooms.
- The little house fly may hover in large numbers in nearby garages, breezeways and homes because it prefers shade.
- The seven-kilowatt fuel cell, about the size of a large copy machine, sat in the breezeway.
- Jesse and Melanie merged into the crowd of students going towards the breezeway.
- Jeremey raised an eyebrow before standing and following Thomas out into the hallway and to the breezeway outside.
- The school had most of its lockers lining the outside of the buildings under open breezeways.
- A breezeway greets me when I exit the elevator onto the second floor.
- As if on cue, Noah walked by, headed for the breezeway.
- An enclosed breezeway connects garage to house and also serves as Lisa's hobby/sewing room.
- I went into my garage and out onto the breezeway.
- When used as a breezeway, a sunroom can also link an addition or garage to the house.
- With screens for most of its walls, the cabin feels like a large breezeway.
- I followed her to my breezeway with Kami behind me.
- The apartment complex looked like a three story motel with open breezeways.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.