In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lumbrera femenino irónicogenio masculino irónico
- Also this week, some bright sparks in the auto industry suggested it would be useful to network our cars.
- There are many bright sparks out there, and l trust they are not put off by your ramblings.
- But you may ask - or some bright spark of a child may ask for you - why?
- What a pity the bright sparks who made Kind Hearts and Coronets are all dead!
- We'll never even find out who the bright spark was who made this terrific decision.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.