In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estropajo metálico masculinoesponjita metálica femenino
- City Lines is a relief made using broken glass, a toothpick, a piece of wire screen, a Brillo pad, sandpaper and cloth.
- Leaking bottles of cleaning fluids, frothy Brillo pads, and a broom were stacked in a soggy heap.
- With out you three helping, I would be nowhere,’ she said, cleaning it with a Brillo pad.
- Brillo, maker of the familiar Brillo pads, recently commissioned a survey of household cleaning practices.
- And, I swear, if I had a Brillo pad, I would have scrubbed myself down with it!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.