In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de amplio espectro
- Itraconazole, a synthetic broad-spectrum triazole, is currently available as an injection, oral solution, and capsule.
- At present, the most effective strategy available to deal with S. pyogenes is treatment of acute infections by administration of therapeutic doses of a broad-spectrum antibiotic like penicillin.
- It's a very effective broad-spectrum killer and has been used for 40 years in 80 countries worldwide.
- In hospital, painkillers and broad-spectrum antibiotics are given to clear up the infection.
- Some authorities advocate empiric therapy with broad-spectrum intravenous antibiotics.
- In addition, broad-spectrum pesticides kill natural predators that keep pests in check.
- The empiric use of broad-spectrum intravenous antibiotics is therefore unnecessary in children with typical signs and symptoms of RSV bronchiolitis, and may be harmful.
- This protocol included the use of broad-spectrum intravenous antibiotics immediately after the diagnosis was made.
- Instead of being broad-spectrum and long-lasting, organic pesticides may attack just one type of insect and break down quickly after use.
- For more severe infections involving the entire follicle, you may need oral antibiotics or broad-spectrum antifungal agents.
- The patient was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics, verapamil and digoxin, and oxygen, and anticoagulation was adjusted.
- A broad-spectrum therapy is recommended in suspected ascitic fluid infection until culture results and susceptibility are available.
- Patients should select broad-spectrum sunscreens that contain agents that block UVB and UVA with an SPF of 30 or greater.
- Because most necrotizing soft tissue infections are polymicrobial, broad-spectrum coverage is advisable.
- If no answer had been provided immediately, presumptive broad-spectrum therapy may have been continued until a result was returned.
- The use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen is recommended in all patients with dermatomyositis and has the greatest benefit in patients who are photosensitive.
- Despite an overall decline in antibiotic prescriptions, broad-spectrum agents are still overused.
- The periodic acid-Schiff stain is used widely as a broad-spectrum stain for fungal detection.
- Antistaphylococcal agents are best for axillary disease, and more broad-spectrum coverage is better for perineal disease.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit in septic shock and was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics and vasopressors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.