In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de hoja ancha
- Small, broadleaved, shallow-rooted weeds (such as knotweed) may indicate soil compaction, which is common along sidewalks and driveways.
- Pitch-pine forest Made up primarily of pitch pine or a mixture of pitch pine and shortleaf pine, this kind of forest often includes a few broadleaved trees, particularly blackjack oak, post oak, and chinquapin oak.
- But the inventory shows that the area planted with native pine and broadleaved species, which provide better habitats for wildlife, is expanding.
- The female builds the nest on an outer branch of a small willow, alder, big-leafed maple, cottonwood, or other broadleaved tree or shrub.
- Usually, Titanotrichum can be found around the headwaters of streams under subtropical broadleaved rain forest dominated by Fagaceae and Lauraceae.
- Field Margins are places where traditional grasses and broadleaved plants can grow.
- Evening Grosbeaks breed in mixed conifer forests, but will used broadleaved trees for nesting and foraging.
- It mainly parasitizes alfalfa, but also attacks some horticultural crops, legumes, and broadleaved weeds, though it is seldom found on woody plants, grasses, or cereals.
- Winder Intake became a Site of Special Scientific Interest ten years ago, and important plant species are birdseye primrose and the broadleaved cotton grass.
- For example, if an herbicide controls broadleaved weeds but not grasses, grasses will fill the entire field.
- Their non-breeding habitat is determined by available food, but often contains mountain ash, ash, maple, and other broadleaved trees.
- By mid-afternoon conifers predominated, and as the sun set, its mellow rays swept across a forest in which few broadleaved trees could be seen.
- They often nest in conifers, but will sometimes nest in aspen, oak, or other broadleaved trees.
- Our results show that shading can ameliorate low temperature stress in Eucalyptus pauciflora, one of the most freeze hardy of broadleaved evergreen trees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.