In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Under the plan, breakfast and lunch will be cancelled, replaced with a mid-morning brunch instead.
- There is a buffet brunch at Pacific Pier, where people can sit on the viewing gallery to watch the sea lions and feed them with fish the park prepares.
- My final meal in Melbourne was a lovely brunch at the Comfortable Chair on Lygon Street.
- We send them candy and flowers and take them out for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- On Christmas morning she'll be at her daughter's, tucking into a brunch of eggs Benedict, bacon, sausages and waffles.
- This wholesome family outing was enjoyed by all and afterwards everyone tucked into a delicious brunch.
- Restaurants are already booked for brunches and dinners.
- Executive Chef Kelly Macdonald and his crew of six use propane-fired gas ranges and electric appliances as they prepare all brunches, lunches and dinners for passengers aboard the railroad as it journeys through the Napa Valley.
- In fine Whistler tradition, the beer flowed freely and as a result, this morning many of the brunch attendees looked the worse for wear.
- There are less formal meals, picnics and barbecues and the forthcoming brunch is one of these occasions.
- You'll be welcome to linger as long as you like over brunch, lunch or dinner and time in between.
- Then we're off to Xmas brunch, lunch and dinner with some of my favourite cousins, one of whom is back from London.
- Located bang on the waterfront, it's a restaurant in the day serving up hearty breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners.
- Pattie Boyd had dropped by the Lennon home, for an early brunch with Cynthia that morning.
- As is often the case, I made them in the morning for breakfast / brunch.
- The menu will be tailored to meet the needs of the people for a tasty meal, be it brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, or late supper.
- The place has fantastic restaurants for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Volunteer to set up potluck brunches and dinners for the community.
- Despite the presence of the butchers block in the middle of the kitchen and despite having a dining room with better and bigger furniture the couple preferred to have leisurely breakfasts, or brunches as in this case, in the kitchen.
- My wife and I miss the patio brunch, which was the only meal out we could do with our infant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.