In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plástico masculinocon burbujas
- We skirt around men dragging boxes of green plastic dinosaurs across the floor, bales of bubble wrap, a jumble of king-sized golden picture frames.
- It was carefully packed in foam peanuts and bubble wrap as if it were a delicate piece of Venetian glass.
- I also asked Jimmy to carefully wrap all of Sydney's selections in tissue and bubble wrap making sure that the package was sent to her in a timely manner.
- The best way to ship a gun is in a plastic bag wrapped with bubble wrap and placed in a strong cardboard box.
- Wrap Christmas Ornaments Properly - Ornaments should be individually wrapped in white tissue paper or where greater protection is needed, wrap in bubble wrap.
1envolver en plástico con burbujas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.