In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1en cueros coloquial
- Just now I have a still small but better understanding of why Archimedes ran out of that bathhouse buck naked.
- Even the cleanest one is not a place you'd want to go into barefooted… much less buck naked.
- ‘And then,’ her mom said, ‘she and Giulietta ran down the beach buck naked!’
- Citing all of the concerns that spurred the back-to-nature movement, Knowles captured national attention when he walked buck naked into the Maine woods.
- No negotiations when [quote] ‘the patient is buck naked and the doctor is fully clothed.’
- Now there are not many things in this life worse than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor buck naked in front of a group of ‘been-there, done-that’ paramedics.
- So I encourage you now to let the little expert inside you stand buck naked in the cold winds of truth.
- ‘A 75-year-old man answered his door buck naked,’ she said.
- I want something that's in the Midway, a decent three-bedroom, all mine, to run buck naked through and do what I want.
- After their sold-out performance at Lion D'Or last fall, these buck naked local amateurs, both male and female, are back once again to ‘put the tease back into striptease’ with their latest production Private Screening.
- If you'd stand in it buck naked long enough, you'd sprout green tendrils, leaves, buds of flowers; perhaps you'd grow thorns.
- He's not violent, he's not drooling, he's not walking into town buck naked.
- So if I'm caught in a freezing downpour while wearing just cotton, am I better off buck naked?
- And the winner is out there somewhere rolling buck naked in a room full of cash.
- However, my men love to walk around the house, and sleep, buck naked.
- As far as I'm concerned all professional competition should be done buck naked, so I think this is an excellent first step.
- Rodman has vowed to strip buck naked before walking off the court in his last game, and that's something that we as NBA fans deserve to see.
- I don't know, we won an award out in Las Vegas once and I happened to hit the tequila bottle that night and wound up buck naked and late for a plane the next day.
- She saw James' empty seat, and there was not a doubt in her mind that he would soon be running buck naked onto stage when they announced their valedictorian was missing.
- ‘We all basically spend our time buck naked,’ says Sharon, a 27 year old film maker.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.