In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Britanico(travel agency)(que vende boletos de avión a precios reducidos) agencia de viajes femenino
- If you're looking for the cheapest deal on international flights, then buying your tickets from a bucket shop can save you big.
- When the holiday to Tunisia fell through, because the bucket shop went bust, Maggie knew that it was probably a good thing; some terrible experience had waited for her there, where she would have got mobbed, literally mobbed.
- If you plan your next trip or vacation ahead, you can find some of the best deals with consolidators or "bucket shops".
- And yesterday online bucket shop Lastminute.com announced it would be profitable within 12 months.
- ‘I think the time is up for the smaller bucket shop travel agencies,’ says Ross.
2Finanzasagencia de bolsa fraudulenta femenino
- In the real world, I think that kind of unauthorized trading would meet the legal definition of a bucket shop.
- The Iowa Electronic Market, which runs a kind of a legal bucket shop in political candidacies, has restructured its presidential futures market.
- What worked at the bucket shops didn't play on Wall Street. Within six months of the start of his legitimate trading career Livermore was wiped out.
- With stock market speculation on its way to becoming a home-based sport (which, as the bucket shops were said to do, principally attracts those who are ‘looking for entertainment and excitement’ - and a killing!)
- The U.S. has laws restricting bucket shop practices by limiting the ability of brokerage houses to create and trade certain types of over-the-counter securities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.