In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1película sobre la amistad entre dos personas
- For the film industry, the biracial buddy movie attracts the broadest audience by appealing to both white and black audiences.
- It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.
- The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.
- Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.
- It's a fairly funny buddy movie, in the tradition of Wilson and Jackie Chan in their Shanghai series.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.