In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alitas de pollo fritas cubiertas con una salsa picante y servidas con salsa de queso azul
- For lunch, Tracey had a veggie burger and I had Buffalo wings (very spicy) and pizza.
- It seems crazy to refer to Buffalo wings, steak swimming in Alfredo sauce, and bunless double cheeseburgers as ‘diet food.’
- For most, bar food means dishes like Buffalo chicken wings, fried cheese, fried stuffed jalapenos and the many variations on the nacho that dominate today's bar food scene.
- Madame ordered Buffalo wings as a starter, followed by chicken tikka, while I went for the minestrone soup, to be followed by the 180 gm sizzling sirloin steak.
- The appetizing aroma of Buffalo wings and mashed potato with Maria Russo's special gravy filled the small room.
- They're all finished with school, and they're all here for the boneless Buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks.
- With few exceptions, you're in the land of Buffalo wings, bread sticks, and cheesy bread.
- More and more people are eating chicken products on the run in the form of chicken strips, leftovers from the night before, chicken nuggets, Buffalo wings and popcorn chicken.
- What's there to do besides eat authentic Buffalo wings and go to Niagara Falls?
- So, what about offering, along with the Buffalo wings, nachos and chips and salsa, a small crudité appetizer?
- The atlas that I had highlighted several key places in the Buffalo area, including places to get authentic Buffalo wings.
- In the last few years, restaurateurs - inspired in large part by the rising popularity of Buffalo wings, which are traditionally accompanied by a bowl of blue cheese dressing - have begun to offer ranch as a dipping sauce.
- There's time for a stop at the Anchor Bar for some original Buffalo wings, but remember who we are talking about.
- Mine is ‘The Bird’ - Buffalo chicken wings, blue cheese dressing, scallions, jalapenos on a white pie.
- From the traditional chip-shop to the more flamboyant restaurants, which have on offer such exotic dishes as American Buffalo wings, New-Zealand mussels, roast quail or crayfish.
- You can still get their ‘famous’ Buffalo chicken wings.
- There were homemade mozzarella sticks, deviled eggs, and Buffalo wings.
- At Old Glory, traditional fried-and-sauced Buffalo wings are available, but a signature twist they also offer are wings that have been marinated and baked before being finished over an oak-fired grill.
- And I don't even like Buffalo wings all that much.
- I had added extra dishes like Buffalo wings and some boiled lemon shrimp and fried scallops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.