In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino bueymasculino novillo EEUU
- There was also a bigger sale at Bandon Mart yesterday, where the trade for bullocks was maintained, heifer prices improved and dry cows also traded well.
- The intake of bullocks at the beef factories to date is down 8% - a drop of 36,000.
- Blessington heavy beef bullocks with all premia drawn were improved by 40-50 / head.
- Four girls taking a stroll discovered the bullock and raised the alarm by going to the nearby Tyersal Hall Farm.
- The punched out bullocks are continuing to sell well while the forward quality bullocks and heifers are also continuing to meet with strong demand.
- And they rear bullocks to beef, selling their heifers at around 18 months.
- Fancy prices were paid for heavy beef bullocks.
- A heavy penalty for cattle over 30 months is commencing to bite into the prices at the marts for finished beef animals - both bullocks and heifers.
- The decline in prices for bullocks and heifers eased with the mean for R4L down 5c/kg.
- Lower throughput did not ease the pace of price reduction, which was maintained, with a further 1p/lb knocked off the average paid for R3 bullocks and heifers.
- Official factory prices for beef last week show there was very little change from the previous week for bullocks or heifers, with just a slight firming of the prices by less than a half penny per lb in most categories.
- There was very little difference in the top prices being paid for beef bullocks and heifers at Kilkenny Mart where there were over 1,200 head on offer.
- At Kilkenny Mart beef and store bullocks were back by £10 / head for the quality animals with the plainer lots making up to £30 / head less than the previous week.
- In the beef trade, the official returns for last week have shown little change in the average prices for bullocks and heifers, but some low prices are being paid at the bottom of the league for both categories.
- Beef bullocks were up 10 / head and store heifers were dearer by 10-15 / head.
- They brought with them 350 ewes, 45 wethers, ten bullocks, six heifers, one bull, four horses, and a number of goats and some poultry.
- There was further upward movement in beef prices at factories last week, particularly in the return for poorer grading animals and more in favour of heifers than bullocks.
- Camels, elephants and regular drought animals like the bullocks also are brought on to roads to draw the attention of voters.
- A national average of 91.5c/lb was paid for R4L bullocks, while R4L heifers averaged 92.3c/lb.
- It was in such buildings, cluttered with farm implements, that Alf would operate on large animals or test unruly bullocks for TB.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.