In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mujer despechada femenino
- I had stood by and waited, like an idiot, a bunny-boiler, a desperate hanger-on, through my late twenties, into my early thirties.
- John is used to psycho bunny-boiler exes, which undoubtedly means he's also used to psycho bunny-boiler behaviour during the relationship.
- Your last e-mail made me think you might be a bunny-boiler and I'm now hiding behind the settee, petrified.
- Reading your fiancé's e-mails is not called being a bunny-boiler, it's called being sensible.
- It's a mark of Byrne's ability to bring out the complexity of the characters she plays, while getting the audience to empathise with her, that she doesn't come across as a mere bunny-boiler.
- In the end, it was the battle of the bunny-boilers and he lost.
- If you haven't been following the events in the house, you've missed a treat this last week, with Nadia's past threatening to crawl out from the woodwork at any minute and bunny-boiler, Michelle, becoming the girlfriend from hell.
- At least he's more attractive than the supposedly smouldering femme fatale bunny-boiler, though.
- It felt weird to be taking such an interest in a complete stranger, and I actually began to feel a bit queasy about it, like I was some kind of deranged bunny-boiler stalker.
- Michelle has so often been described as a bunny-boiler that you would think she posed a greater risk to Britain's rabbits than an outbreak of myxomatosis.
- Roger Michell's adaptation of Ian McEwan's novel is one of the most dramatic and intelligent tales of mad love and stalking ever - and not a bunny-boiler in sight.
- The return of the bunny-boiler at first didn't seem to fill Stuart with joy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.