In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1burgués masculinoburguesa femenino
- The SEP is the only party offering a program of struggle to unite working people - Sinhala, Tamil, Muslim and Burgher, young and old, men and women - to fight for their social needs and democratic aspirations.
- These are Sinhalese but also Tamils, Burghers and Muslims.
- Besides the majority Sinhala Buddhists, the nation also includes Sri Lankan Tamils, Tamils of recent Indian origin, Muslims, and Burghers, descendants of intermarriages between Sri Lankans and Europeans.
- The applicants are Sri Lankan nationals of the Burgher ethnic minority group.
- The Sinhalese and Tamils are in the majority, and there are also Muslims, aboriginal Veddahs, Malaysians and Burghers (people of mixed European and Sri Lankan heritage).
- I went to school with Tamils, Sinhalese and members of the Burgher community.
- They are also the only places where Sinhalese, Tamils and Burghers meet, for after 1983 the three groups, like many other warring groups from other parts of the world, go their separate ways.
- As a result of that, the Burghers left for Australia and the Tamils stayed behind to fight.
- His mother was a Burgher and his father was of Tamil heritage.
- If I had married a Burgher I'd have emigrated to Australia.
- Be it Muslims or Christians in India, Hindus in Bangladesh or Pakistan or Tamils or Burghers in Sri Lanka, discrimination and insecurity forms the core of concerns and existence of minorities.
- Then we would have reached agreement between all democratic political parties and groups representing all our peoples - the Sinhala, Tamil, Muslim, Malay, and Burgher citizens of Sri Lanka.
- Then follows a comparison of the performance of the main categories of skippers: Burghers, Chinese, Malays and the most important group of Sulawesians.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.