In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He walked into the bedroom and discovered it was being burglarized.
- Did you know that many of the homes that have been burglarized didn't have their security systems turned on?
- If you catch someone burglarizing your home, it's not legal for you to follow her home and shoot her.
- Nearly half say they or an immediate family member have had their home broken into or burglarized.
- She also said important documents related to her allegations were stolen after her house was burglarized.
- Can you imagine burglarizing the house across the street and then being suspected of the murder?
- Criminals seldom travel far to find homes to burglarize, and violent crimes tend to be committed against friends and family members.
- They then proceeded to burglarize the adjacent apartment, carrying their spoils back through the wall.
- Our stores get burglarized… it's rarely done by the homeless.
- A stylish and street-smart thief tries to burglarise a billionaire.
- You would be surprised at how many homes are burglarized because a future burglar saw your address on your luggage at the airport.
- Honestly, what kind of dunce criminal would decide to not burglarize some place just because the radio is on and playing some light jazz?
- A gang of South Americans burglarized tourist hotel rooms in popular tourist locations around Thailand.
- Were you present the night the store was burglarized?
- Another's truck was burglarized and the stolen handgun was used to wound a 7-year-old.
- This particular home was already burglarized once; the damage done to the door so extensive it needed new locks.
- You've heard all the stories about homes being burglarized, cleaned out while the owners were away.
- Authorities are seeking two men who allegedly ran over and killed a railroad police dog after burglarizing railroad freight cars on Chicago's South Side.
- After all, if committing murder in D.C. or burglarizing apartments in San Francisco meant losing one's freedom, there'd be far fewer killers and burglars.
- Oh, by the way, if you have a safe and find your home burglarized, be on the look-out for a return visit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.