In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gorro militar de piel
- A busby, on the other hand, is a smaller helmet made of short fur with a small bag on the side, usually worn by hussars.
- From here you can walk to Amalienborg, the royal palace, the impressive buildings of which are patrolled by guards in busbies.
- You should really know your bearskin from your busby.
- He became its regimental colonel, and even as a general often wore its uniform, with its death's-head badge on the busby.
- There was also a soldier's ceremonial busby cap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.