In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He was suffering pain at the base of his buttock and also behind his knees, mainly on the right.
- I had a sore buttock and couldn't sit, lie or anything.
- I was able to maneuver such that I merely sat down, hard, on my right buttock and slid along the street.
- Mr Cadder suffered a wound, which was one and a half inches long and two inches deep, to the upper part of his left buttock.
- The minister first visited a doctor on March 21 after suffering a terrible pain in his left buttock.
- It is a superficial muscle that gives the buttock its shape and covers the gluteus medius.
- She was left with a puncture wound to the buttock and ripped trousers.
- Miss Morris said Thompson left the room again, came back with a large spade and went for Mr Smith, who tried to deflect the blow and suffered a three inch wound to his left buttock.
- Fire crews performed the delicate task of cutting the railing using specialist equipment and she was taken to Fairfield Hospital with it still in her buttock.
- The infection caused a swelling and redness in his buttock, which spread rapidly.
- This time I manage to land with my entire body weight centered on my right buttock.
- And it's always just beneath your buttock, where you wouldn't normally wipe.
- He had already suffered a shock and 35 per cent burns but the nail compounded his woes when it pierced his left buttock.
- She was shot in the buttock and her boyfriend was shot in the leg in the struggle; both are hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Standing in an upright position, hold on to a chair for support, then extend your left leg straight behind you until you feel your buttock tighten.
- This causes the shooting pains in your buttock and up the right side of your back.
- At hospital, doctors found Mrs Roberts had a stab wound to her right buttock, as well as stamp injuries to her chest and bruising over her body.
- As Joe passed her, he squeezed her left buttock and planted a kiss on her neck.
- To the left, filling the screen, appeared the crease between a leg and a buttock, fringed by skimpy gold shorts.
- It is a blue birthmark on the buttock, and it shows up right after a child is born.
2buttocks pluralnalgas femeninotrasero masculino coloquial
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.