In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I'm sure you realize that being CinC. places tremendous demands on anyone holding that position.
- He was then appointed C-in-C Fifteenth Army Group, which launched the Sicilian campaign in July 1943
- On 12 December 1944 he became allied C.-in-C..
- Not long after he became CINC, he proposed a six-point strategic program to the President's Secretary of Defense.
- Stalin named himself Supreme C-in-C
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.