In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He and his friend Bob Montgomery took part in a school assembly programme and sang a C & W novelty tune, ‘Too Old To Cut The Mustard’.
- If you enjoy great music, from C & W to Rock and Ballads, the Jomtien Boathouse will be the place to be on Thursday 6th.
- Their relationship was a C & W anthem made real - and Tammy stood by him until 1975.
- He takes the instrument beyond the strict C & W boundaries and into the realm of pop music.
- Well, I grew up with C & W starting with Hank Sr.
- country and western
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.