In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1furgón de cola masculinocabús masculino México
- A list of the most influential hip-hop cultural figures of the last 20 years is the caboose on this train.
- We all switched trains, I was offered the chance to ride in the caboose which would lead the way back to Greenbank.
- Steam locomotives gave way to diesels, and cabooses were replaced by little boxes.
- The conductor and brakeman in the caboose were forgotten about!
- Michael and I also rode in one direction on the upper seats in the train's caboose.
- The run up the Sqaulicum line is made in reverse, with the engine pushing any cars, and a caboose leading the way on the long back-up move to the cold storage plant.
- Aside from the two conductors and two tail-end brakemen riding in the cabooses there was an engineer and fireman on each of the four steam locomotives and a head-end brakeman on the assist engines.
- In 1888, two cabooses were obtained and put in service.
- Pooled cabooses stayed with a train to final destination and the crew slept in a bunkhouse like the engine crews had always done.
- The caboose starts suddenly, then eases to a gentle roll.
- This shop was later shut down with the end of the use of cabooses on most freight trains.
- At the western end the flagman cuts off his caboose and stands at the hand-brake, easing down the speed.
- My friends asked what the devices laying on a rack by the yard office were and I briefly explained end of train devices and how they replaced the caboose and how we had one on our own train.
- At the end of the train was an open caboose where we were able to view the mountain scenery more clearly.
- This is only worth noting because the train had a caboose, which is rarely seen these days.
- The types of trains, and what is between the locomotive and the caboose can be chosen before embarking on your journey.
- The pusher crew was a special class of service, because they had to run around a caboose at Alleghany anyway, so the crew was already making ‘local rate-of-pay.’
- There's only one thing I like more than eating my roast beef sandwich, and that's eating my roast beef sandwich in the caboose of the train.
- At each stop, children visit with Santa Claus in the caboose before touring two more cars full of holiday displays.
- Several train cabooses have been moved to the resort, set on rail tracks and equipped with bathrooms, heat, and beds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.