In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadete femeninobefore noun cadet corps — cuerpo de cadetes masculino
- It would be reasonable to expect that the career track to senior executive service would be similar to that of the general officer for military cadets.
- Navy had a few good runners but we had some good young officer cadets from ADFA that really cut them down.
- They are police cadets, young kids who are going to become policemen.
- The scheme aims to provide young midshipmen and officer cadets starting at ADFA with a home away from home.
- In autumn sunshine, Royal British Legion stalwarts and young uniformed cadets stood shoulder to shoulder.
- One is a police cadet sent on an undercover mission so deep that only two people in the Hong Kong police force know that he isn't a disgraced cop who has joined the Triads.
- We follow a young naval cadet (they weren't called Midshipmen yet) who joined the Navy football team following its first loss to West Point.
- Approximately 200 West Point cadets will march down the Champs Elysees in Paris on July 14 as part of France's Bastille Day parade.
- Having attacked naval cadets, students, young children and now innocent senior citizens, the music business appears not to fear the consequences of its litigation.
- It very clearly displays the genius of a veteran professor obviously skilled in making the inscrutable scrutable to generations of Air Force Academy cadets.
- The young cadets will get to learn more about the different police departments from Crime Scene Investigation and Community Safety to the Support Unit and Armed Response Teams.
- As young West Point cadets, our motto was, ‘Duty, honor, country.’
- Another award winner in the Ukraine was walking his dog when a police cadet pointed out that dogs in that area must be walked with a muzzle and a leash.
- He was one of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst cadets on their regular overseas exercise.
- Old soldiers from an array of regiments rubbed shoulders with young cadets as Bobby's coffin was carried through a guard of honour.
- By comparison, military cadets are 1.7 times more socially active.
- Broome schools, naval cadets, police rangers and other community groups paid tribute at the service by laying a wreath.
- The exercise followed a large display at the Rokeby Police Academy for Tasmanian emergency service workers and police cadets.
- The committee hopes representatives from the army cadets, sea cadets and air cadets will join the parade.
- When I started in York 34 years ago as a young police cadet, it was a different world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.