In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A good dose of caffeine stimulated just the right amount of thought, he figured.
- They have a similar effect to tea or coffee, since they contain the same alkaloid, caffeine.
- Eliminate or restrict severely the intake of stimulants such as caffeine or alcohol.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume to no more than two cups of coffee per day.
- If you like caffeine, you can include two or three tea bags of either black or green tea.
- From what I hear it's basically a stimulant similar to caffeine but without the crash at the end.
- Also, try to avoid drinking too much tea and coffee as caffeine can increase anxiety levels.
- The caffeine in the coffee brought a welcome kick to wake us up after our super-stodgy lunch.
- It has the same chemical composition as caffeine, and the same physiological action.
- A tea or coffee plant can probably grow perfectly well without caffeine.
- Decaffenation is the process of removing caffeine from products that contain it.
- She pointed out that I had a habit of not eating at all on race day and drinking a lot of caffeine.
- The second major effect of caffeine is its increase of dopamine levels in the body.
- If nothing else, the unexpected jolt of caffeine will get you through the rest of the day.
- While the colas do contain some caffeine, they are not equal to the real stuff.
- It could take all day and part of the night for the body to rid its systems of caffeine.
- He'd made his own cup with extra caffeine to help shake off such an early start to the day.
- The stimulant effects of caffeine in coffee are well known to help improve energy and alertness.
- In flowering plant pollen tubes, caffeine disrupts vesicle zonation at the tip and stops elongation.
- Copious quantities of caffeine and alcohol will stimulate the production of urine, so keep them to a minimum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.