1(reply) reservado(reply) cautelosoto be cagey about sth/-ing
- he's very cagey about his past — no suelta prenda sobre su pasado
- she was cagey about committing herself — se cuidó mucho de comprometerse
- He's acting mighty cagey for a guy who just reads the papers, don't you think?
- It's just a case of playing cagey, going careful, and not overstretching yourself.
- If the 25-year-old was less unassuming and more cagey, he would know that is not the sort of thing a team's talismanic striker is meant to say.
- I've been dating Sam for months now, but just recently he's become very secretive and cagey around me.
- When I asked to meet him in person, his publicity people turned cagey, stoking my curiosity even more.
- I had the distinct impression that he would not appreciate the wrong answer so I decided to play it cagey.
- He is cagey, though, on the extent to which he will have room to manoeuvre in the business of player recruitment.
- Since we didn't know the sex, we were a bit cagy and said that we'd have to see.
- Though still cagey about the new novel's subject matter, he does say it will deal with terrorism and with a hostage crisis.
- While some were cagey, to say the least, others had no such problems.
- So they are cagey about letting the common herd assess their work.
- The staff was cagy, but confirmed my suspicion with slight, knowing expressions and small tight smiles of sympathy.
- Tassie is cagey about the worth of his license, but the 30 or so permits in his zone are worth more than $4 million each.
- At lunchtime, he snuck off, being very cagy about where he was to have lunch.
- The more cagey British ministers become about the evidence, the more likely are their opponents, and the media, to continue obsessing on the issue.
- The bird sellers are extremely cagey about sharing information, especially with press persons.
- Gilbert was being very cagey about his future prospects yesterday.
- She is cagey about the terminology, though, and doesn't use it in the book.
- He is intent on making people look good but not necessarily beautiful in his work and achieves this by capturing secretive, edgy or cagey subjects.
- Suddenly, caution was the watchword and she grew cagey and defensive, waiting for the chances to land in her lap.