In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EE. UU.harina de repostería femenino
- She began the familiar rituals: Preheat oven, melt chocolate, measure cake flour, sugar, baking soda, salt.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, sugar, cake flour and tea powder.
- If the recipe calls for cake flour use cake flour, not all-purpose flour.
- Unfortified whole wheat bread and bread baked from cake flour will still be available.
- Wheat is the lifeblood of western Canada, which produces up to 25m tonnes a year - or nearly 20% of the world's supply of bread, pasta and cake flour.
- A wheatberry is a wheat kernel from which the outer hull has been removed, and the soft wheatberry is just one variety of wheat, the kind from which pastry and cake flour is made.
- At Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg, California, Chef Mateo Granados shows us a tin of something that resembles a fine flour - is it almond or cake flour?
- In a bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, corn syrups, eggs and vanilla seeds from one bean; whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining milk, egg yolks, cake flour, and cornstarch until smooth.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, sift together the almond flour, cake flour, and sugar.
- When I read about baking breads and cakes there is often a differentiation between flours needed, that is: cake flour for cakes, pastries and quick breads, and bread flour for breads.
- Combine cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and enough water to make batter the consistency of light cream.
- Add the semolina flour and cake flour in stages, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- Mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and add to the milk mixture.
- The WWII recipe permits more than two cups of cake flour, a generous amount during wartime.
- I'm no pastry chef, but I tweaked and tasted, from all-purpose to cake flour, buttermilk to sour cream, baking powder to soda, recipe to recipe.
- Thicken sauce with paste of cake flour and a little water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.