In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘Buying a ticket to a concert does not mean buying an entitlement or a guarantee to any caliber or quality of performance,’ he said.
- Risk managers are charged with an important function within financial institutions, and to attract calibre candidates, salary levels tend to be competitive.
- Of course, changing calibers requires having a barrel that has already been zeroed.
- It was very comforting and reassuring to have such high quality care from high caliber professionals.
- And they are well aware of our real character, our real calibre, and our real commitment to putting the people first.
- The barrels of the .30 calibers were stuck in the ground.
- The enclosed facility is Olympic caliber in size and quality, and you'll likely witness local talent of near-similar ability.
- The company's legacy began with a single .38 Special case, and now includes 60 different calibers for handguns and rifles.
- It told everyone you drove a vehicle of calibre and quality - and that you knew Ford sold all the cheapest replacement parts in Halfords.
- We have ample of foreign language resource available here, high calibered translators are present here in Mumbai for all the languages and we can offer completely error free interface in mentioned languages apart from English.
- In line with our continuing quest for excellence, we are seeking for high calibered and dynamic young people to join our team of professionals.
- The competition small bore .22 calibre and the .177 calibre air rifle were a major contrast to the Army issue Steyr.
- Improved projectiles were as important as larger calibres and longer barrels.
- The Howitzer is equipped with a 39 calibre barrel.
- The crucial connection between high calibre jobs and high quality leisure and cultural facilities may have been grasped earlier in Dundee than other cities.
- For larger calibers and long-gun bores, the 3 - Piece Large Rifle Calibers and Shotgun Kits contain a larger-diameter rod.
- Hunter agreed with his own nod and took out his own revolver, a .45 caliber, long barrel, made custom by the town's gunsmith.
- There was a slight additional charge for other calibers and barrel lengths.
- Now is the time to contemplate the caliber, barrel length and weight.
- Candidates of character and calibre with a sense of dedication and social commitment alone are to be elected.
- The success of our initiative is testament to the high quality calibre of the producers in our region.
- It's very rare that players of his calibre and quality become available
- What you have here is a design that will facilitate changing barrels and calibers with a minimum of tools and effort.
- SIR - I am sure that it is an utter disgrace to have men of this calibre and quality in jail because they are trying to defend their own and their families' lives.
- A pension can be an attractive perk, helping businesses to attract and retain quality calibre staff, especially if the firm contributes the bulk of the funds in the scheme.
- I have stared down the barrel of a .44 caliber S and W without so much as a flinch, and here I was nervous.
- Members of Parliament who have already debated and have complained about the quality and calibre of some of the personnel we have sent on foreign missions.
- Love them or hate them, leaders of high calibre have the ability to grip the imagination; to make people feel that they've been swept up and carried in a direction of great promise.
- This was a large calibre assault rifle which could fire up to 1200 rounds per minute.
- She added power and solid technical ability, reflecting the SFU rowing program's ability to develop top calibre rowers.
- He is a man of the highest calibre and integrity, leading a professional team of officers acting entirely independently and objectively in pursuit of the criminals concerned.
- A shotgun and a 22 calibre rifle also are believed to still be locked in a cupboard in the house, but police are still making inquiries.
- The gun, fitted with a 51 calibre thermal sleeve encased barrel, fires 6 rounds per minute.
- ‘We work at the highest calibre level and soon our reputation has grown,’ said Moore.
- That seems to have been the spiteful remark of an adversary; for at least while Churchill was still in politics, the Congress was staffed, and led by men and women of calibre and integrity.
- Factor in all finishes, grip frames, barrel lengths and calibers and one has 48 choices when it comes to selecting an Open-Top.
- While the lopsided score may look discouraging to Warrior fans, it is important to consider the bevy of national calibre talent that McMaster has when passing final judgment.
- Others show only a portion of a barrel containing the caliber designation in an ad.
- The barrel flutes vary in size for different calibers and barrel lengths, and perform a couple of functions.
- Corporations conduct nationwide talent searches for qualified, calibered people to work within high-level positions; why don't we start doing the same searching for female candidates to represent the majority of Americans who are female?
- There's a single pistol funnel which should handle the majority of pistol calibers and two rifle funnels.
- Adapters and wads are available for most handgun and rifle calibers, and 12-gauge shotguns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.