In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1llamamiento a filas masculinollamado a filas masculino América Latina
- The following year saw controversy as teams withdrew and were expelled due to security concerns, national team call-ups and mass punch-ups.
- A fiery second baseman, Hairston impressed the team during a brief call-up last season.
- They overcome injuries with call-ups from the AHL and strategies that take advantage of what they have to work with at the moment.
- It was a very special time for me at the Valley this time last year because I scored, got the call-up to the England squad and celebrated my birthday as well!
- Recent minor league call-ups who could make a difference in your fantasy team's offensive numbers.
- A call-up to the national team, suggested Bonetti, was not beyond him.
- I was never informed that such a call-up would be for only one month, or two, or six, or twelve.
- If Defoe builds on his superb Spurs debut, a call-up to the Euro 2004 squad may yet materialise.
- Now they are brought together as three of the game's hottest players, following call-ups when expectations rivaled zero.
- The aim in this case would be to reduce the call-ups of reservists less inclined to volunteer for active duty.
- His form, coupled with some spectacular goals, earned him call-ups to the England squad but then it all went wrong with a serious injury that ended his season early.
- ‘Service’ means active or inactive duty under federal authority but does not include state call-ups of the Army or Air National Guard.
- This week Ajax has already had five national team call-ups for World Cup qualifiers on the African continent.
- Life with the rich and famous at Monaco came to end with his call-up for National Service.
- The increasing frequency of these call-ups has been a challenge for some members who make considerably less pay in the military than in their civilian jobs.
- Chief among the problems this year has been United's ever changing lineup, a necessity due to key injuries and frequent national team call-ups.
- Youth team goalkeeper David Stockdale is expected to start tonight's game instead of Jon Collinson after his recent call-ups to the first team squad.
- In fact, she only found out about the call-up after looking on the website of the sport's governing body.
- The Giants typically make few call-ups, selecting players they believe can help them reach the playoffs.
- If not, the team likely will get help in September from minor league call-ups.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.