In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Free weights, tubing and calisthenics can be substituted once exercise machines become too difficult to use because of increased size and balance problems.
- One week after her surgery, she was at the gym doing calisthenics and chins.
- Also, squad leaders established routines with weight training and calisthenics.
- The gym offers yoga therapy, aerobics and callisthenics separately for men and women.
- Combine that with a basic training-styled cardiovascular and calisthenics session.
- Harris resented the intrusion and the new emphasis on calisthenics.
- On the day of the timed run, after performing some calisthenics and stretching, we headed for the track.
- These movements include push-ups, crunches, dips, pull-ups, lunges, body weight squats, back extensions or any other calisthenics.
- I start off with calisthenics to warm up, and then I do weights and finish up with cardio.
- Try weightlifting or calisthenics to build your strength and improve your balance.
- He was obsessed with exercising, and would often spontaneously do calisthenics whenever the four of them were hanging out.
- Warm up for five to 10 minutes before each workout with some light calisthenics, and follow each training session with five to 10 minutes of stretching.
- Therefore, it is not that strange that the practice of transcendence should be as much a part of the Chi Gong tradition as callisthenics and breathing exercises that lower blood pressure.
- Although the way they are taught in the West often resembles simple calisthenics, yoga and tai chi run much deeper.
- Start with a ten-minute warm-up of jumping rope, jogging, or calisthenics.
- Warm up before the weight-lifting session with stretching exercises, calisthenics, and jogging.
- He jogs, bikes and performs calisthenics to lose the extra pounds.
- Your rehabilitation team might suggest exercises you can safely perform at home, such as walking and gentle calisthenics.
- He and his mates are laughing and jeering at their next-door neighbour: a crazy old man, stripped to the waist, performing what looks like some kind of weird callisthenics routine in his backyard.
- One can never see him dancing or performing callisthenics on the stage to attract audiences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.