In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Zoologíacamello masculinobefore noun camel train / caravan — caravana de camellos femenino
- Capable of carrying 200 kilograms of food, camels can work between eight and ten hours a day.
- When the camel lumbered to its feet it was me who was screaming with terror while my son smiled serenely.
- The desert was hotter now than in his father's day and there was less food for the camels.
- Remnants of the herds ancestral to all domesticated camels may still survive in the deserts of central Asia.
- They are thought to share a common ancestor with the camels and dromedaries of Africa and Asia.
- At the few remaining watering holes, wolves lie in wait for wild camels.
- The scant rainfall is still sufficient for forage growth for goats, sheep and camels.
- Hunter-gatherers likely attacked and killed the giant camel when it visited one of these springs to drink, the researchers suggest.
- He drinks like a camel and smokes like a coal-fired power station.
- Most of it is grazed by flocks of sheep, goats, camels and cattle, often causing severe damage to vegetation.
- A good idea is to board the little train which encircles the zoo enclosure and allows you to see the giraffes, hippos, zebra, camels and rhinos.
- It was only after the Mongols tamed horses, yaks and camels that they took to a nomadic herding lifestyle.
- Long-necked giraffes and camels have the same seven neck bones as do short-necked mice and men.
- You can substitute a goat for the camel should dromederies be out of stock at your local shopping emporium.
- Like all members of the camel family, llamas actually originated in North America, perhaps 40 million years ago.
- Milk from camels, goats, and cows is a major food for Somali herdsmen and nomadic families.
- In more arid regions, livestock production dominates with the raising of cattle, camels, sheep, and goats.
- ‘The children are made to train on the camels for periods lasting up to three or four hours,’ he said.
- After walking six miles, they find a spring, and the camels drink their fill.
- Native horses and camels galloped across the plains of North America.
- Opt for a leather couch in brown, tan, beige, or camel, but most importantly, make sure it's comfortable to sit and lie on.
- It is best to apply this technique over natural colours such as cream, beige, camel and terracotta to achieve a quality authentic finish.
- The purse is available in black Capri Cloth with black trim, chocolate brown with tan trim, and camel with chocolate brown trim.
- A Coach catalog shows the dominant spring and summer fashion colors for women's accessories as pink, pear green, camel, white and chambray blue.
- If you have green eyes, apply yellowish taupe, camel and heather colors.
- The whole room is a zebra pelt of black and white and that colour that has been the fashion staple for so long they've invented a dozen names for it - taupe, camel, fawn, buff.
- Makeup corresponds with fabric colours, so go natural with camel, hues of brown and black, and accent with shades of red.
- Then there is the classic, who aims for an understated look in camel, beige, cream and navy.
- Choose traditional summer colors such as white, camel, beige, and light shades of gray, blue and earth tones.
- I suggest you wear camel or light brown shoes with a matching belt and a contrasting but matching top.
- The various pink hues and shades are great paired with dark chocolate brown, gray and camel.
- Down the road, when you start raking in the dough, you can get yourself a pair of brown, tan, camel, and oxblood shoes to complement each and every one of your suits.
- As for suits, you can stick to colors such as camel, tan, navy, and light gray.
- The essential hues of the collection are blue, black, khaki, camel, barley and white.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.