In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In his head, he made a catalog of what the tea would need - blackcurrant, chamomile, heather, hawthorn, lemon balm, motherwort, marjoram, passion flower, and St John's wort.
- We were fascinated by your use of rutin, since this flavonoid is a constituent in many herbs, including chamomile, elderberry and hawthorn.
- Medium-sized plants that take well to containers are beet, chamomile with its delicate white and yellow flowers, and everyone's favorite-tomatoes!
- And to relieve insomnia, try putting a drop of basil, chamomile, clary sage or lavender onto your pillow at night.
- Addressing an enthusiastic health-conscious audience, Dr Shikha Sharma highlighted the benefits of several herbs such as jasmine, camomile, basil and thyme.
- Ointments containing marigold, chamomile and comfrey are safe, as is aloe vera.
- If stress is a constant part of your life, try to burn a chamomile, lavender or sandalwood scented candle.
- Basil adds luster to hair: brunettes, add it to a rosemary rinse, blondes, add it to a chamomile rinse.
- A favorite blend is equal parts of spearmint, chamomile flowers, fennel seeds, catnip and lemon balm.
- Although many references designate German chamomile as the sweeter type preferred for tea, I harvest the mature flowers of both chamomiles for a light, apple-scented tea.
- I plant the annual chamomile in a space that is out of the way where I can harvest easily.
- A blue damselfly hovers up from the chamomile, white and yellow, green.
- Aromatic herbs like chamomile should smell fragrant.
- The herbs chamomile, valerian, yarrow, nettle, comfrey and dandelion can help make a success of your compost heap.
- Almost everyone is familiar with the herb chamomile and its yellow and white daisy-like flowers that are used to make the popular tea.
- The formula contained nettle leaf, violet leaf, wild oat seed, chamomile flowers, cleavers and fenugreek seed added to warm spearmint tea or diluted juice.
- From these various composts, special preparations are made using such things as silica, yarrow, chamomile, nettle, oak bark, dandelion and horsetail.
- To ensure that you sleep the whole night through, put a drop of basil, chamomile, clary sage, juniper, or lavender essential oil onto your pillow at night.
- Mint, lemon balm, pennyroyal, chives, chamomile, mayflower, and summer savory are a few herbs perfectly suited to this microclimate.
- Some of the ones that are especially good for skin are rose, lemon verbena, rosemary, geranium, clary sage, and chamomile.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.