In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palmatoria femenino(for birthday cakes etc.) portavela masculino
- Their production of utilitarian household items such as candleholders is considered an art form.
- A shelf held a rush burner of coarse iron, next to a candleholder of finely wrought bronze, and another of horn trimmed in sliver.
- Clear-glass candleholders, vases and potpourri bowls scattered throughout add a reflective sparkle to the room.
- Once inside, Dan began lighting the candles in the big candleholders.
- After about a meter into the room a flight of stairs marched upwards, lit every so often by elaborate and rustic candleholders with red, thin candles.
- Good cups to use are the small votive candleholders easily found where candles are purchased.
- On the table, the candleholder lies empty: the three candles must have melted into nothingness some time ago.
- These candleholders are made with clear beveled glass.
- You can substitute for them with glass or candles and candleholders.
- I m always very careful with them and am conscious of putting the candles into proper candleholders but, even being careful, twice in the last month, I've had episodes with candles that could have been extremely serious.
- If you wish to reuse a candleholder after the current candles has melted completely, put the container in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Combine tapers of a uniform color with totally different kinds of candleholders or alternate the style of the holders, one black, and one white.
- The designer has recently completed a diverse range of accessories including lamps, mirrors, candleholders and wine racks.
- During the row that followed he threw the candleholder, hitting Miss Moore on the head.
- To add some real warmth to your living room, place candleholders or candles either on the coffee table, or hang candleholders on your living room wall.
- To mark the occasion the Portlaoise Guides and Brownies made a presentation of two new candleholders and candles to SS Peters and Paul's Parish Church.
- Silver candleholders were placed neatly around the room to provide light in the evening hours.
- Though home redecorating can be costly, there are places that make it easy to find the right candleholders, picture frames, plants, and plant holders for your rooms.
- I don't use candles very much except during rituals, but when I do I have a number of small blue glass candleholders for them.
- The candleholders that decked the walls were of a high quality of gold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.