In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manzana acaramelada femenino
- The vocals smack of sweetness and light while the guitars as are as crunchy as a candy apple.
- It's so good, just like the candy apples at the fair, except with caramel.
- We can sit and eat candy apples all day long and maybe we can even play ‘tag’ like old times.
- He took out a candy apple and gave it to Zaria.
- Nothing is worse than pulling a hamstring before you get to old Mrs. Daniel's candy apples.
- Architects known as Blobmeisters create buildings that look like enormous lopsided candy apples (for instance, the Experience Music Project in Seattle).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.