In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The cannelloni stuffed with ricotta and spinach exhibited more neatness and care: three satiny rolls anointed with contrasting ribbons of its white and red sauces, beautifully presented nut brown and gratinated on a sizzling plate.
- The cannelloni with it were stuffed with barley, an interesting failure.
- Roll up the ham slices like little cannelloni and spoon over some of the vinaigrette.
- Then in a baking tray place ½ the sauce, then a single layer of cannelloni.
- Place three of the cannelloni in the center of a plate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.