In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pena capital femeninopena de muerte femenino
- It was at the forefront of opposing capital punishment and demanding prison reform.
- Through this we can also see that capital punishment is not necessarily a form of punishment at all.
- The fact that the International Covenant sanctions capital punishment must be seen in this context.
- The punishment was capital punishment and all of this was done to teach them a lesson.
- He could have been sentenced to death, but his prosecutors didn't seek capital punishment.
- The crimes which would merit capital punishment for those in favour of same are indeed appalling.
- The abolition of capital punishment was frequently urged in colonial politics and after.
- Severe punishments must be meted out and if necessary capital punishment will be needed.
- That cost is not difficult to justify where capital punishment is the penalty for first-degree murder.
- But, as with torture, the harm capital punishment does is not limited to its subject.
- It will show itself in cases about capital punishment, corporate responsibility, gun control, you name it.
- Apprehensions that doing away with capital punishment can lead to more crime should be duly addressed.
- I was hoping he'd be sent to jail for life, and not just because I oppose capital punishment.
- Juries in death penalty cases are always quizzed about their attitudes on capital punishment before the start of the trial.
- Though physical torture and capital punishment were opposed in all cases, no overt political position was to be taken.
- Or take the claim that forgiveness is superior to revenge, and that capital punishment is mere revenge.
- He called for the restoration of corporal and capital punishment and pledged support for apartheid in South Africa.
- One of the uses of capital punishment is to deter other criminals from committing more crimes.
- In Poland it became instrumental to the abolition of capital punishment.
- They end up robbing a bank, for which the penalty in China is capital punishment.
- La pena capital se aplica en 38 estados de EEUU a personas que han sido declaradas culpables de asesinato. Los métodos de ejecución varían e incluyen la horca, el fusilamiento, la cámara de gas, la silla eléctrica y la inyección letal. Aunque hay alrededor de 24.000 asesinatos cada año, muchos de los condenados a muerte apelan ante los tribunales superiores, lo que significa que muchos presos permanecen durante años en el pabellón de los condenados a muerte (death row) a la espera de ser ejecutados. En Gran Bretaña la pena de muerte por asesinato se abolió en 1965.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.