In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It just shows that capitalists will turn to anything to make profits.
- Spanish capitalists wanted to protect their profits and were eager to enter the European Common Market.
- The divisions widened between the working class and the liberal capitalists who had timidly opposed Tsarism.
- Investing capitalists came to feel that their wealth could go on expanding almost exponentially forever.
- The transnational capitalist class is not made up of capitalists in the traditional Marxist sense.
- The vast majority of people have to work in these places, creating wealth for the capitalists, in order to survive.
- Before a blow was struck the capitalists had established their economic and ideological hold over the aristocracy.
- Modern democracies have been around for long enough for neo-liberal capitalists to learn how to subvert them.
- It used state intervention and planning in collaboration with the big capitalists to build up industry.
- Instead of greedy capitalists owning the corporation, the workers themselves will own it.
- In the very process of producing things, the working class also reproduces the wealth of the capitalists.
- The capitalists who are now colonising the public sector across the globe are the common enemy of workers everywhere.
- The capitalists are seeking to integrate Europe in order to strengthen capitalism.
- Big capitalists everywhere are always a bit resentful of bigger capitalists.
- If capitalists extract too much profit, they destroy the ability of employees to buy.
- What's more, privatised childcare is a potential source of profit for capitalists.
- Antonio is a member of the new rising class, the mercantile capitalists.
- The fight for control of the oil is a fight for control of power of one bloc of capitalists over other blocs of capitalists.
- The portrayals of factory life would make even the most fervent capitalists turn to Marx and Engels.
- The Marxist claim that capitalists must find investments overseas fails miserably.
- Instead they championed reactionary renegades and unfettered capitalist expansion.
- The White armies launched a brutal civil war, backed by every major capitalist government.
- So we have a new capitalist giant being squashed by a cartel of more established capitalist giants.
- New Labour is no longer the party of the oppressed but based on the same capitalist philosophy as the Conservatives.
- The economic anarchy of capitalist society is the real source of the evil.
- Obedience and respect for the high, the mighty and the rich is a central principle of capitalist society.
- Some form of free enterprise capitalist economy and some form of pluralist democracy were clearly called for.
- Marxism teaches that modern capitalist society is a society of antagonistic classes.
- We have to organise a new international working class response to the crisis of capitalist economy and society.
- There probably is no Third World debt if we adopted just elementary capitalist principles.
- As you might expect, the language is a little skewed in favor of capitalist democracy, but not all that much.
- It may be a little tawdry, but the whole of capitalist economics is based on selfishness and greed.
- That is true of the whole of capitalist democracy, including elections to parliament.
- The fact that capitalist booms do not always collapse into dire slumps does not mean that they never do.
- This, then, was the first of Marx's major insights into capitalist economics.
- You could disrupt a summit devoted to capitalist planning, imperialism and exploitation.
- The inherent tendency of capitalist evolution is to raise real wage rates steadily.
- The central ideas of socialism are reinforced every day by the continuing disaster of capitalist society.
- Imperialism was not just about colonialism, but the shape of capitalist competition.
- That is holding back socialist revolutions to appease a more conservative capitalist element.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.