In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Breakfast is available in the morning as well as light snacks, coffees, cappuccinos and teas throughout the day.
- The froth of their decaffeinated cappuccinos seemed to flutter aerobically in the light breeze.
- Their church served donuts, cappuccinos, coffee, hot chocolate, and tea.
- We were sitting in a coffee shop, sipping cappuccinos and eating pastries.
- Three caffeinated cappuccinos, one decaf, one soy latte, a hot chocolate and a caramel-flavored iced latte!
- They have all the expected coffee combos - the lattes, cappuccinos and all sorts of stuff to squirt in them.
- Worth a trip if only to sample the cappuccino in the coffee shop!
- The blends, all from Arabica beans, are fine when mixed with milk in lattes and cappuccinos.
- I feel so left out when, gallivanting about town, I see the happy throngs of customers queuing for lattes and mocha cappuccinos.
- The menu consisted of a few beverages - some alcoholic though mainly just coffees and cappuccinos - and a dessert tray.
- Behind the counter employees served up fresh coffees and cappuccinos, hot chocolates and teas, all with a unique line of flavoring patented to the owners of the store.
- The drinks are rather expensive, but are usually of good quality (if you like coffee, cappuccinos, and soda pop).
- During my day-shifts, in between making countless cappuccinos and lattes, I would talk to the customers and ask them what they do.
- Where smoke was concerned, he was like a person who ate the froth from a cappuccino, but never drank any real coffee.
- Stuart's final words were to compare the match to a cappuccino - all froth and no substance.
- Meanwhile the price of the cappuccinos and lattes in the high street coffee bars, and of coffee on the supermarket shelves, remains as high as ever.
- We ordered coffees, two large cappuccinos at £1.65 each.
- They sipped their espressos and cappuccinos from the coffee shop next door that was practically part of the theatre.
- I don't care though, since I use my dark coffee for lattes and cappuccinos anyway.
- The muffins are homemade (the low-fat raspberry and the lemon and poppyseed are standouts), and the coffee, especially lattés and cappuccinos, is fabulous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.