In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1volcarse(right over) dar una vuelta de campana
- Five more went missing when their boat capsized in the icy waters as they searched for the original group.
- Shortly after leaving port, the boat capsized in seconds and began filling rapidly with water.
- Water cascaded onto the car deck and the ferry capsized and sank in minutes, coming to rest on its starboard side in just under 30m of water.
- A Salford sailor is lucky to be alive after his boat capsized after drifting down the River Ribble and out to sea.
- Three teens along with their rescuers were saved after their boats capsized in the St. Mary's River.
- Learn how to empty a capsized boat while in the water in this free video on boat base river rescue and safety.
- Officials say the migrants ended up in the water after their boat capsized.
- Several of the search and rescue boats had capsized.
- One of the three fishing partners narrowly escaped by swimming to a jetty after waves capsized the small boat.
- In the small town of Manhuacu, a rescue worker drowned when his boat capsized.
- An inquest was held in Castlebar yesterday into the death of a 53-year-old trout angler who died after his boat capsized on Lough Mask.
- Authorities are conducting a battery of tests on the ill-fated Ethan Allen to try and determine why the boat capsized on Lake George.
- I was thrown off balance and the whole boat capsized.
- The boat capsized, tossing the three crew into the water as darkness fell.
- At between 10.30 and 10.50 the same day the vessel capsized and sank in the shallow water 150 metres off shore.
- A fishing boat capsized near Taiwan's northern harbour of Keelung and three fishermen from the Chinese mainland were washed away.
- A U.S. helicopter went down in Mosul with its two crewmen while searching for a missing GI after a patrol boat capsized in the Tigris.
- Doris capsized the canoe yesterday.
- Both realized a capsized vessel is difficult to find, but wore their vests and stayed with their boat.
- At least two people died and eight are still missing after an illegally run ferry capsized and sank on Monday on the Yellow River near Ji'nan.
1hacer volcar(right over) hacer dar una vuelta de campana
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.