In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1túnel de lavado masculinotren de lavado masculino[ S ]car wash $5 — lavado de coche 5 dólares
- Having seen her only in the car wash and liquor store for as long as he'd known her, Adam was afraid seeing her in an outside environment would have been, for some reason, awkward.
- He'd thought about three businesses: a barber shop, a car wash, and ‘something’ in finance.
- He was arrested on charges of aggravated robbery after allegedly holding up a limousine driver at a car wash, the police said.
- It is currently used as a petrol station with shop and car wash.
- It would have included a wide range of facilities, including round-the-clock jet washers, a car wash and garage shop.
- And then there's always the car wash at the local garage.
- Mulemba said all those traveling should assemble at the car wash near the Times of Zambia offices on Freedom Way.
- The trial also heard yesterday from a former police officer and customer at the car wash where the defendant worked, who recognised him after seeing his face in the Press.
- Your daughter, it's my understanding was cleaning out her car at a gas station or a car wash?
- A cheap automatic car wash also would be a good investment to get people used to coming back to the dealership.
- The Ilkley Gazette understands that separate proposals have also been put forward for a car wash at the site of the former filling station on Coutances Way.
- The car wash opened at six o'clock in the morning and as much as Adam hated getting up at 5: 30, he had to admit he was enjoying the quiet store and non-existent customers at that time of the day.
- Power and Associates believes that the car wash is an opportunity to create additional income at shopping centres and retail parks.
- The McArthurglen Designer Outlet, in Rodbourne, wants to introduce a valet parking service, complete with a car wash.
- The police dog picked up a scent on the property of the Esso gas station over near the car wash.
- If the force is too great, a mirror may not fold out of harm's way, such as when a vehicle is in a car wash.
- A single access road is planned from the A65 to be shared by the restaurant and a proposed car wash at a former filling station next door.
- Plans to build a car wash in the car park of the Great Western Designer Outlet Village have been rejected by Swindon Council.
- A car wash and service area complete the facilities on site.
- He marched across the store, opening the car wash door at the back to the restrooms, which were just inside.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.