1(US also) karat(for gold)quilate masculino18-carat gold — oro de 18 quilates masculino
2(for precious stones)quilate masculino
- Proud inheritor of the magnificent De Beers diamond, at 234.5 metric carats, one of the world's largest, he got Cartier of Paris to create a spectacular five-stringed necklace shaped like a bib to showcase it.
- While India processes 120 million carats of diamonds a year, China, on the other hand, does 2.4 million carats which translated into diamond sales is $740 million.
- They have finally finished their masterpiece: a necklace that is made up of diamonds with a total weight of 2800 carats!
- In South Africa, De Beers is forecasting to up production from 12 million carats to 14 million carats with the group's Venetia mine expected to up output from 6.6 million carats to 7.4 million carats.
- Within the gem trade, however, especially among those who deal with diamonds, it is one of the ever-cute 4 Cs: color, clarity, cut, and carats, or carat weight.
- The star lot is a large solitaire diamond weighing 4.50 carats.
- It was composed of a precious pink sapphire of 20.35 carats, several sapphires, colourful diamonds and natural pearls.
- However, one does not need to be an expert on the Hope Diamond to know that its correct weight is 45.52 carats, a weight that has been accurately reported in reputable scholarly publications for most of the latter half of the last century.
- Proctor also describes a 34.7 kg crystal (dubbed the ‘Marta Rocha’ crystal) which ultimately yielded 57,200 carats of dark blue aquamarine.
- GCD is Ghana's main diamond producer and the strike is said to be stopping an average daily output of 500 carats of diamonds worth US $12,500.
- Most people cannot tell the difference between a ruby and a garnet, which is worth considerably less carat for carat.
- The diamond weighs 103.83 carats, is about the size of a walnut and is expected to fetch between £5 and £6m when it goes under the hammer in Geneva next month.
- Total weight of these additional diamonds is 163 carats.
- I looked at her Neimann-Marcus suit and carats upon carats of diamonds and considered how we must look standing there together, me in Reeboks and jeans, gray sweatshirt and red Polartec vest.
- Speaking in an interview in Lusaka yesterday, she said Zambian gemstones were fetching five dollars per carat, equivalent of five grammes, on the West African market.
- Larger stones of a carat to three carat still come largely from Israel and Antwerp, and the proportion of Indians selling such stones, though growing, is still small.
- The 4 Cs are the characteristics that determine a diamond's value: cut, clarity, colour and carat (weight).
- Good brown macle twins up to several carats in weight have been available in recent years from the Udachnaya mine.
- Considered ‘priceless’, it has an unspecified weight of between two and five carats, according to the British Gemological Institute.
- It was ‘downsized’ from its original 186 carats to 105.6 carat oval-shaped stone and it currently adorns the Crown of the Queen Mother.