In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1monóxido de carbono masculino
- No filtration is proposed for the emissions that would include carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide and lead.
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- The tests measure the amount of carbon monoxide you breathe out.
- Automotive emissions are a major source of ozone and carbon monoxide pollution.
- When you misuse gas appliances in this way, they can produce fatal amounts of carbon monoxide.
- Tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide are the major components of cigarettes.
- Earlier nicotine, carbon monoxide and tar were considered most harmful.
- The cells worked well initially, but any traces of carbon monoxide in the hydrogen fuel quickly poisoned the catalyst.
- The researchers said it was not certain carbon monoxide and ozone were directly causing the defects.
- When you are no longer exposed every day to nicotine, carbon monoxide, tar and other poisons, your body begins to repair the damage.
- Burning of the blends also reduced carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions.
- Here, breathe some carbon monoxide, it will make you feel all funny inside and you will throw up!
- Initial reports suggested he had died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Food waste is turned into hydrogen, methane and carbon monoxide by the heat of the exhaust.
- Obvious examples are water, methane, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and sulphur dioxide.
- This produces one molecule of biliverdin and one molecule of carbon monoxide.
- The official cause of death was given as poisoning by carbon monoxide, said to have come from a gas heater of Iranian origin.
- It's only trees that sequester carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide from the polluted air.
- Methylene chloride is converted into carbon monoxide when we breathe it in.
- The company claims they burn brighter than sawdust logs and produce less carbon monoxide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.